Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Make it yourself

My favorite, and easiest, handmade, and homemade, ok enough commas, gift is a salt body scrub. You can also make a sugar body scrub, but there's enough sugar in the world today, plus the minerals in salt are absorbed through the skin and do the bod a lot of good. Especially magnesium. Mmmmm. The impeccable Martha Stewart has an impeccable recipe for a salt body scrub. But you don't need to fuss that much.

Here's what you do: Take some Epsom or sea salts, put them in a pretty jar, pour a few spoonfulls of olive oil (enough to coat the salt) and add a few drops of essential oil. You really don't need to measure. You can't get it wrong. Stir, close, and gift. Hurray!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ems said...

hey! I make my own body scrub! I do make sugar ones because I always have sugar in the house, but you're right about salt being better for you. I'll have to give it a go my next round..

December 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger april said...

Hmm, I was going to make some fruit honey or jam and bread for my office gifts, but this sounds good too!

December 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just tried it with grapefruit essential oils, and of course with the salt. It felt wonderful. Just need to find beautiul jars to share it in. Lovely. Thanks for sending us the project.

December 16, 2008 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger wild murdocks said...

What a wonderful idea! I must make some right away! Thanks for sharing!

January 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oh, thanks for the reminder of this Maria! It is just what my skin needs right now. I think I will whip some up today!

January 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home