Monday, September 03, 2007

today being labor day

A friend of mine wrote this this profound bit today:

Some things are more easily and productively exchanged than others. I hope never to change my marriage partner, though I know that some things may cause me to do so. I'm more willing to change my job when a moderately better one appears.

Given that basic approach, I'm much more likely to find ways to transmute lead into gold within my marriage than I am within a particular job, even if the alchemy requires much of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaetan said...

How beautiful. I hope that one day I may write such things....

September 7, 2007 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Maria Petrova said...

Another bit by the same author: "My wife and I have known each other for 27 years, and we've been married for 22 years. During that time, she has shown me things about herself and about myself. We have shaped one another, and we've shaped ourselves in response to one another. In that context, I've begun to think of us as "karmically entangled" (yes, I made up that term) -- we have so many points of contact and interrelationship that it is difficult to disentangle us from one inter-being organism into two separate ones. Given that situation, the greatest opportunity we each have to serve another person exists with respect to the other, simply by virtue of our understanding. That condition can exist, I think, without the clinging or grasping that I associate with attachment."

September 12, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home