Wednesday, June 27, 2007

dance


I had a moment of abandon this afternoon, dancing to Krishna Das. His music is deep and joyful at once. It was pure bliss. Dance has to be my absolute favorite thing to do. Dancing is best when no one is watching. I'm reminded of Isadora Duncan, my greatest dance inspiration. I just found out she was married to Sergei Essenin, one of my favorite poets. She's the mother of modern dance, breaking away from formal dance into a primitivist, free-spirited prance that involved the waving of arms and scarves and the hems of clothing. I love her.

2 Comments:

Blogger wild murdocks said...

I just finished a book called, "Twenty-Eight Artists and Two Saints", a collection of essays on artists including dancers and choreographers. I was disappointed to read that although they were brilliant, and created amazing works, many of their personal lives were sad. Do you think the artist stereotype is true? Genius mixed with madness?

June 27, 2007 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Maria Petrova said...

There is truth behind stereotypes, simplistic though it is to admit it. Many people sacrifice their relationships for their art, thus blessing the life of many others... Not my type of trade-off, though. Different strokes, right? : )

June 28, 2007 at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home